About Aylmer Nelson Cannabis
Are you excited by the thought of uncharted waters? Do you love cannabis and are confused as to why every weed store looks like the apple store? Do you know when mercury is in retrograde & create memes as a side hobby?
Well WE love cannabis & can say we’ll get along great if you answered yes to any of the above.
We are a locally owned and operated Cannabis Store that takes a human oriented approach to selling weed, following literally hundreds of years of tradition in how Cannabis is brought to the end consumer. Coming into our store, you’ll find a laid back setting that might remind you of your friends' cozy & eclectic apartment, complete with people who enjoy a good laugh & know their stuff when it comes to cannabis. Small but mighty, we are proud to be growing in lockstep with a rapidly expanding industry and are already hard at work on our big plans for the future.
You love cannabis and use it as a medium to cultivate balance in your life. You design your relationship with cannabis in order to positively accentuate your passions, mental & physical well-being and relationships.
You’re building a career that lets you flex entrepreneurial muscle and make your mark on a growing company and industry. You’re a connector, exploring and collaborating within your communities gives you energy.
You are responsible for managing all aspects of the retail operations of your store, and for the management and development of your team and community relationships. You are accountable for the quality and consistency of the store's product offering, as well the quality of education provided to guests by your team. You strategically manage and develop your team, delivering optimal store performance while providing a stable platform for individual growth.
A Day In the Life
- You lead and coach through the company vision, mission, and core values; you uphold the culture by incorporating store principles into the daily business.
- You are clear on your targets and the business’ growth model. You monitor, and analyze weekly sales and inventory reports provided to you and plan to drive key metrics.
- You lead a profitable store by enrolling your entire team in achieving sales plans; you utilize company tools to strategically plan sales targets and labour hours; you accurately track labour hours and expenses, and you review the P&L/income statements to ensure accuracy.
- You recruit, onboard, and develop capabilities of team members on an ongoing basis to support business and community growth. You oversee the entire recruitment process from interviewing to onboarding.
- You are accountable for the performance management and evaluation delivery process for all members of your team.
- You approach labour scheduling in a thoughtful manner that falls in line with communicated company philosophy & targets. You strategically place team members in a position to succeed personally, while optimizing store performance.
- You provide in the moment coaching to your team, you create a culture of accountability by soliciting and providing feedback.
- You spend time on your sales floor a minimum of 4 days per week, providing an exceptional experience to guests and leading your team by example.
- You commit yourself to continuous product education. You devote time to researching products while also soliciting feedback from customers and your team.
- You work in partnership with the RM to maintain an approachable and pragmatic menu that offers high value products at every price level across all product categories.
- You create weekly bulletins that communicate details and guest education on new product roll-outs and initiatives to your team.
- You are accountable for the successful cultivation of community relationships and management of those relationships.
- You collaborate with industry and local community members and businesses to plan and execute quarterly community initiatives.
- You represent your store at all required meetings and conferences, under the direction of the Regional Manager
What your friends would say about you:
- Your commitment is to always create an exceptional guest and team member experience in your store.
- Cannabis is a fun part of life for you. You understand your relationship to Cannabis and are able to use it in a manner that amplifies your happiness and well-being.
- You’re committed to helping others create a balanced and positive relationship with cannabis.
- You thrive on connecting with others, you are someone who gives as much energy as they receive through deep & trusting relationships.
- You communicate kindly & concisely, you view feedback as an opportunity for the personal growth of yourself and others.
- You are goal-oriented and take full advantage of your opportunity to choose and take ownership over your goals and day-to-day experience.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit -- ambition and perseverance are core values for you.
- You place a high value on planning and organization, this is crucial to your balance.
- You approach life with a light-hearted perspective, incorporating ease and play into the ebb and flow of life.
- Minimum 1 year of management experience, Cannabis Retail experience will be considered an asset.
- High School or GED required, post-secondary education considered an asset
- Applicants must be of at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have completed or be in the process of completing AGLC Sellsafe training and QCW.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite (Drive,Docs, Sheets, Presentations)
Details Details Details
- Reports to: Retail Directors
- Where you spend your time: Retail floor, office, in the community
- Hours expectation: Full-Time, 40 Hours Per Week.
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs, and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Training will take place over 4 weeks in November
if you want to be a part of the Aylmer Nelson team, please email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com.